2021 PRACTICE MILESTONES
Congratulations to Dr. Pugach as he celebrated 32 years in private practice and continues to be the leader in minimally invasive urology!
- Dr. Pugach started teaching HIFUcom in Arizona and increased Southern California training sessions as HIFU continued to expand dramatically!
- We learned that Dr. Pugach did the most HIFU procedures in the entire HIFU Prostate Services network of providers in 2019!
- Evans Tran, PA was the featured speaker at the Urology Advanced Practice Providers meeting.
- Evans attended Medtronic’s meeting for Advanced Interstim® Implanters.
- Evans traveled to the Philippines for her 5th amazing Medical Mission, bringing healthcare to thousands of underserved people.
- Dr. Pugach hosted an educational dinner and a hands-on teaching session for doctors learning to do Urolift®. This was the first of many throughout the year as we became one of the largest teaching centers in the U.S. for Urolift to treat BPH.
- Dr. Pugach attended the International Prostate Focal Therapy meeting in Washington, DC
- Dr. Pugach and Pacific Coast Urology Medical Center were named as a National Center of Excellence for the Neotract/TELEFLEX Urolift procedure. This designation, given to only a few practices worldwide, recognizes that we have the experience and results enabling us to be a primary source for Urolift when patients search for places and doctors offering this procedure.
- Evans Tran, PA does an Interstim Implant Trial, assisted by Dr. Pugach. She is the first Physician Assistant certified to do this in Southern California. Bravo Evans!
- We increased our Telehealth patient availability in response to Covid-19.
- Dr. Pugach taught HIFU in Las Vegas, resuming a busy teaching schedule after a pause due to Covid-19.
- Dr. Pugach and Evans attended the Urolift Experts Meeting as members of the teaching faculty.
- In an effort to support our First Responders at Los Alamitos Hospital and local Police and Fire Departments during these challenging times, we sponsored and delivered lunch and dinner to all employees of Los Alamitos Medical Center and to our first responders in our Police and Fire Departments.
- Evans Tran, PA conducted a national Webinar for PA’s (Physician Assistants) and Nurse Practitioners (NP) to teach them about Urolift.
- Dr. Pugach was interviewed by KRLA 870 AM radio to discuss HIFU and the local surgeon network in Southern California. Airing was in September, during Prostate Cancer Awareness Month.
- Dr. Pugach led a local effort to improve the quality of MRI reporting for prostate cancer.
- PCUMC was honored by Michelle Steele, Chairwoman Supervisor, Second District and Los Alamitos Chamber of Commerce for stepping up and feeding our local police and fire departments. We were honored for donating meals to department employees and officers who keep our city safe!
- Dr. Pugach expanded his HIFU teaching to a new center in Encino.
- Dr. Pugach addressed the Prostate Forum on Advances in HIFU.
- Evans Tran, PA conducted a virtual chat on bladder control problems.
- We hired a medical scribe to increase office efficiency and decrease waiting times! Welcome Jenny!
2nd Generation Interstim Device – August 6, 2020
On August 6, 2020, Dr. Robert Pugach and Evans Tran, PA performed their second implantation procedure in California of the 2nd generation Medtronic Interstim II system for bladder control.
Dr. Pugach and Evans Tran work together in the Bladder Control Center of Pacific Coast Urology Medical Center to treat patients with frequent or urgent urination and urinary in continence.
“This represents a dramatic technology improvement for patients who can benefit from this tiny pacemaker for bladder and bowel control,” says Dr Pugach. “In the past, patients who needed MRIs for cancer detection, orthopedic problems, etc. could not have them with a bladder pacemaker in place. The new Medtronic Interstim II device allows MRIs to be done for the first time.”
Medtronic pioneered sacral neuromodulation for bladder control over 20 years and it’s Interstim system can now be used for bowel control, too. The new InterStim II system is the only recharge-free, long-term therapy that also allows patients to have MRI scans, something that was not available in the past.
Pacific Coast Urology Steps Up to Feed Local Heroes
Dr. Robert Pugach and the staff of Pacific Coast Urology was honored by the Los Alamitos Chamber of Commerce, along with Wahoo’s Taco’s and Madera’s for hosting meals served to the Los Alamitos Police and Fire Departments. Los Alamitos Chief of Police, Eric Nunez thanks Dr. Pugach and staff. Read Letter
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OFFICE UPDATE – May 1, 2020
Dr. Pugach and the staff at Pacific Coast Urology wish to thank our dedicated frontline hospital staff at Los Alamitos Medical Center for all their hard work and dedication to the health, safety and care of all patients in our community during this COVID-19 pandemic.
In appreciation, Pacific Coast Urology and Western States HIFU donated 100 pizzas to the staff on Friday, May 1st, 2020.
When we called Domino’s Pizza to place our order, the General Manager of the Cypress store asked if he could participate in our gift. Dominos donated an additional 50 pizzas to the order!!
Enjoy everyone and thank you for your service!!
Dr. Pugach, Kim Pugach, Evans Tran, Staff of PCUMC and Dominos, Cypress
CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) OFFICE UPDATE
On behalf of myself and the staff of Western States HIFU, I want to thank you for your support and confidence in my practice. I want to personally let you know that health and well-being has been and always will be, our number one priority. This reminder bears repeating in the face of the concerns posed by the coronavirus (COVID-19). To that end, I want to share some of the steps we are taking.
- a. As a medical/surgical office we know how important cleanliness is and always maintain the highest standards of cleanliness. We continue to clean surfaces in our office with medical grade disinfectants and germicides that are effective against COVID-19, all other viruses, bacteria and fungi.
b. Rest assured that hand washing by me and staff is strictly followed. Hand sanitizer is available to all staff and patients. All patients are asked to wear masks.
c. We are asking that all patients with upper respiratory symptoms such as cough, fever, shortness of breath to please cancel and reschedule your appointments. We advise you to call your family doctor if you have any of these symptoms. Additionally, if you have recently traveled to a country with high rates of the coronavirus, please reschedule your visit for at least 14 days from the time of your visit.
d. We are fully prepared to perform all scheduled surgery and procedures and are taking all necessary precautions to ensure your safety and well-being.
e. You can always find up-to-date and accurate information on the on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call our office at (844) 443-8362